Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Balanced Mom

The Balanced Mom: Raising your kids without losing yourself by Bria Simpson

I came across this book in our Parenting Collection and thought "why not, it looks fairly short and I could always use advice on the balancing act". The book is filled with tips for busy moms on how to achieve balance between being mom, being a spouse, work, and household duties. While I found parts useful, there was a lot of repetition like make time for yourself, don't over schedule your kids, and you don't have to be perfect. There were some good strategies on how to make time, limiting children's activities (extracurricular), and including the whole family in household responsibilities (aka chores).

Each chapter begins with a quote. My favorite is "When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice, safe playpen. When they're finished, I climb out." -Erma Bombeck

If you are looking for ideas and tips on balancing your busy life and being the mom you have always dreamed of being, take some mom-me time and check out this book.

No comments: