Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson

This is a book I couldn't put down, even if it meant staying up till the book fell off my lap as I nodded off. I carried it around with me for 2 days in case I had a few minutes to read a couple of pages. It has all the components to make a great story. A forty year old unsolved murder, a rich, wealthy family with skeletons in their closet, a love story, and a cast of interesting characters.
A journalist is hired by the wealthy family to find out what happened to Harriet forty years ago. He is very adept at researching past histories but he meets a girl with a dragon tattoo named Lisbeth, whose talents at hacking computers and discovering old skeletons far and away surpasses anything he's ever done. Lisbeth also carries around some secrets of her own. The author manages to suck you in and keep you in suspense throughout the story. One of the best books I've read.

No comments: